1. This Privacy Notice is applicable to D.J. Mayhead Electrical Services Ltd’s website at www.djmayheadelectrical.co.uk. D.J. Mayhead Electrical Services Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which was introduced on the 25th May 2018.
2. For the purpose of the GDPR we are the Data Controller. Any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer of D.J. Mayhead Electrical Services Ltd at the following address, 9 Hollybush Close, Acton Turville, Nr Badminton, South Gloucestershire, GL9 1JJ.
3. By using our website, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Information we collect:
4. We will collect personal data on this website only if it is directly provided to us by you, the user, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Details we collect might include your name, e-mail address, home or work address, telephone number and tenant’s details (if applicable). Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to contact us to enquire about the services we provide or request a quotation. Methods of data collection include but are not limited to our contact form / email contact.
Use of your Information:
6. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the GDPR.
7. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. If you have told us that you consent to us sending you details of offers and services that may be of interest to you, the information will also be used for this purpose.
Disclosure of your Information:
8. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
9. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you in relation to your project. For example, if you require works that we need to sub-contract to another company.
10. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties’ use, you have the right to withhold your consent to this by writing to us at the address in clause 2 or sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Controlling the Use of your Data:
11. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided, you can write to us at the address in clause 2 or email us email@example.com at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data:
12. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside the EEA, or use servers based outside the EEA. This is generally the nature of data stored in the cloud. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside the EEA.
14. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. (It is not our standard practice to collect this type of information in any case).
15. We may disclose your personal data outside of D.J. Mayhead Electrical Services Ltd (a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and (b) if D.J. Mayhead Electrical Services Ltd’s business is bought by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the assets to transfer to the buyer. However, any such transfer will only be on terms that the confidentiality of your personal data is protected and that the recipient will continue to comply with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
16. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law, or in the ‘good faith belief’ that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or our website.
17. We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information. We have a company retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information. We have set these timescales in accordance with applicable legislation and where none exist, then we will keep your information for a period of 7 years after which time it will be deleted.
18. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site, and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
19. The website may contain links to websites owned by other organisations. If you follow a link to another website, these websites will have their own privacy policies. We suggest that you check the policies of any other websites before giving them your personal information as we cannot accept responsibility for any other website.
Access to Information
21. The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you by us. Please contact us if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information, we hold about you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 above or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for asking us to provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of you requesting it unless we need to extend the time for responding, if this is the case, we will let you know within one month of receiving your request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Changing / Deleting your Data
22. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you. Furthermore, if you believe that any of the information, we hold about you is incorrect then you can request to see a copy of it and have it corrected or deleted if it is no longer relevant. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2 above or by email to email@example.com. Please note, however, that we are unable to delete any data that we are legally required to keep.
Transferring Personal Information
23. You have the right to request that your personal information is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
25. If you have been through the internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the result, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted as follows:
Information Commissioners Office
Changes to this privacy notice:
26. We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our website, policies and in response to customer feedback. Please regularly review this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we are protecting your personal data.
27. If you have any queries or comments regarding this privacy notice, please feel free to contact us using the following details – By post: 9 Hollybush Close, Acton Turville, Nr Badminton, South Gloucestershire, GL9 1JJ; By email: email@example.com or By Phone: 01454 219205.
This Privacy Notice was last updated July 2019.